Explore MDIS Careers
We’re Hiring, Join our Team!
We are looking for qualified candidates to join our team. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages including health insurance, 401K, a faculty development program, tuition assistance for children, and more!
To Apply – email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate
- Has at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Has teaching experience, preferably in an International Baccalaureate program.
- Is certified to teach in the state of Maryland or is willing to gain certification within five years.
- Demonstrates strong writing and communication skills, a capacity for organization and follow-through, collaboration, and flexibility.
- Has a growth mindset and a commitment to meeting the needs of every student.
Positions for SY23-24
- Elementary teachers
- Mathematics (Middle/High School grades)
- Language & Literature (Middle/High School Grades)
- Science (Middle & High School Grades),
- Computer Science
If you think you would be a good fit for our team for School Year 2023-2024, please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com!
Comprehensive benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, 401K and more.
Faculty development program
Tuition assistance for children
Our Mission & Values
Our Mission is to provide an academically rigorous and supportive college-prep education with an interdisciplinary and applied focus on the STEM disciplines in order to prepare students to become creative problem solvers, effective communicators, and tomorrow’s leaders who think ethically, independently, and globally.
Family & Community
Family & Community Involvement is essential for helping students achieve at their maximum potential. By working in synergy with families, communities, and other stakeholders, we can provide a rich learning environment that extends beyond the classroom walls.
- Be an active advocate for MDIS’s vision and mission
- Be an active advocate for MDIS’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School, ensuring alignment of all policies and practices to IB Standards and Practices
- Support the School Leadership Team in the implementation of the school’s strategic and operational goals
- Collaborate with the IB Coordinators to develop, implement and deliver MDIS’s curricular goals, aligned to the school’s strategic planning
- Collaborate to ensure that at all times the school’s curriculum provides a safe, supportive learning environment for students, teachers and all other members of the MDIS community
- Promote a culture where diversity and inclusion are encouraged and students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership, actively build community and strive for academic excellence
- Engage with leadership, colleagues, students and the school community to create a dynamic, and innovative culture – a professional learning community grounded in collaboration, focused on improving learning outcomes, and driven by data-informed decision-making
- Lead and support a culture accepting of innovation
- Be an active, life-long learner
MDIS is an equal opportunity employer and educator who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.